Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Week 18, pray for my brakes!!!

Dear Family and friends!

I had a good week, despite the cold. A lot of our appointments fell through this week which was very frustrating and makes diligence and hope more difficult, but I’m happy. I’m happy because I have so many things to be thankful for. I get to serve a mission for 2 full years. I’m privileged to learn Spanish during that time which many people wish they could do. I want to be fluent with it (meaning Dominican Spanish...which is very unique) by the end of my mission which I think is possible (only with lots of work). I am thankful that I get to serve in Lawrence, and get to learn how to cook interesting things like tostones and mangu. I get to have a great mission president, who I happen to have a lot of love and respect for. I get to exercise every morning and go to sleep every night (I’m not thankful for waking up!) I get to eat often (too often) and bike off some of the calories. We have a great set of members here in the ward and they are very kind to us. I get to see all kinds of miracles every day. Most importantly, I get to be closer to my Savior through His work.

I thought I’d let you know that I got hit by a car. I’m ok, no need to panic, but it happened to be a pretty big miracle. The driver asked to meet with us and the passenger was a less active that got baptized 7 months ago one state over and had moved into Lawrence (I don’t think it was a coincidence that she hit me on my bike). Like I said, I’m fine, but the front wheel of my bike died instantly, my rear brakes bled to death and died in the hospital the next day. I was able to put a new rim on the front and as for brakes…well…let’s hope I don’t get hit by another car! The front ones kinda work, but not very well, and I had to take the back ones off all together, because they were hitting the wheel as it rotated.

Sorry, it’s a short note this time! Hope all is well with everyone!

With Lots of Love,


--
-Elder Matthew D. Evans

1 comment:

  1. Oh no I hope you're thick winter jacket protected your skin when you fell. Its cold in korea but I bet it's colder up in your neighborhood

    love
    Pam

    ReplyDelete