Sunday, December 11, 2011

week 22 (Nov 21)

Dear Family and Friends!

I’m so glad its P-Day, we just don’t have enough time in the missions, P-Day’s fly by so fast! I have so much I need to buy, but I don’t know how I’m going to get to it all, I have a companion to think of (2 actually), and no car. This week was pretty good, like I said; I’m in Lawrence still, with Elder Morales again. That’s three transfers together. This transfer is a little different though, we got elder Rodriguez too. He has been in Lawrence longer than I. We also received Elder Carr (from Chico, CA) who used to go climbing at Pipeworks and Granite arches and snowboard at boreal. We spent a little while just talking about how great Nor Cal is and comparing stories. Funny fact about him, his girlfriend lives in the mission…hahaha, so awkward. His call was originally for Mexico, but his visa didn’t go through, so he ended up getting it changed in the MTC. We’re happy to have him. His now district leader and training a new missionary, so it’s 5 in the apartment again (packed). His companion is Elder Blad and he’s from Logan Utah. Crazy fact about him, he only has one eye, so tell Chris to be happy he’s only missing teeth! President Wilkey had our companionship take all of the investigators and we left the new set with nothing, they have to find for now. Pretty crazy for them since both of their Spanish is horrible…well, needs improvement. That’s definitely the way to learn.

Do you remember that guy I told you about that wanted to change his life and had a bad background? He said he wants to get baptized and committed to going to church every week…then didn’t show up…I hate that! I think he’ll pull through, but it will be slow with him. We’ve got several investigators with baptismal dates and one that doesn’t have one that might get baptized Saturday, we just need to wait and see, but really soon, he is so ready.

I’ve received some questions from others concerning Christmas, aunt Jan wants to know if there is anything I could use, and apart from the things I told you before (a great GPS, music, forget the boots, I’m going to buy them here, and cliff/builder bars) I could also use an electric razor, and I can’t find my hair pomade that I used before my mission here, it’s the axe stuff that’s pomade in a blue jar. I have the purple one that works, but if you want to throw some of that in the box I could definitely use it. Also, I’m going to need refills for my mechanical scripture marking pencil at some point, especially since a little kid broke the blue color in half. I’ll send a stub to the McCreedy’s so they can buy me some at the church book store in Citrus Heights. I’m super excited to call you on Christmas, but I still don’t know how that’s going to pan out…I guess we’ll see as time goes on. Also, 2 random things I could use, a nice and hot sodering iron and clear contact paper (not the laminate that aunt Jan uses, but the thin stuff) I’ve been having a problem with my planers falling apart, and I found putting tape on them helps, then one sister gave me some contact paper to try and I love it. I’ve been using a hot nail to melt the holes back in, but that’s starting to hurt.

Love you all, and appreciate the letters,

Elder Matthew D. Evans

No comments:

Post a Comment