Thursday, August 4, 2011

More MTC news :)

July 28/2011

Well, what to say, I only have a little bit of time, but I'm learning a lot and growing more. I've learned that Preach My Gospel is probably my most valuable possession for the next two years. I really don't know what to say because every week is the same. We've been speaking a lot more Spanish throughout the day. I tried to get the signature of one of the speakers, he was a 70, but I couldn't because it's not allowed. I've been asked to tutor some of the district members who are struggling more with Spanish. We’ve been working on verb conjugations. I've learned that trying to emulate general authority as a missionary is the best way to go. I've never seen Christ and I don't know what his exact behavior is, but I have seen the brethren and can predict what they would say/do in most situations, or at least be able to see/know what they would not do. I learned this through the spirit while watching a video of a general authority addressing the MTC; they always are so clean with how they say things, and not just the words that they use, but the tone of the voice, and the lack of slang. This makes it easier to give up the word dude. I love this work, and I know that this is where I am meant to be. I wish everyone in the world could know that Jesus Christ loves them as much as he loves me, I'm out of time, so until next week, know that I love you and I miss you all!

Elder Matt Evans

No comments:

Post a Comment