Sunday, August 21, 2011

Week 8 and almost in the field!

Hey all!

Well, it feels like I e-mailed you just yesterday. Ever since I got my travel plans time has been going much faster. To answer your questions, I leave Monday morning at 4 for my new mission!

I'm a little nervous to meet my Mission President, although I really shouldn't be. I'm flying out with 10 other Elders, so it's not like I’m going to get a lot of attention from him. I wonder what my Trainer will be like. I hope that he isn't a difficult one! That would be hard.

Thanks for the donuts Amy Ward, my districts says thanks too ;)

I’m gonna miss parts of the MTC, but only parts! I’ll miss my district, and one of my teachers, Hermano Alder. I'll miss gym, but it was starting to change anyways, so it's good to say goodbye to it. I play futbol (soccer) each day, and there’s this one companionship that came in the week after us that are horrible poor sports. I was an offender and he was a defender and we both went up to chest the ball (I’m a lot bigger than he is) and while we were both going for the ball I kind of bumped him, not hard though, anyways, he just shoulders me with all he's got (which wasn't enough to really move me far, ha-ha). I’m gonna miss soccer!

We get new missionaries in every Wednesday, so this Wednesday I decided to turn my name tag around and put my "new missionary sticker" on the back (where it's blank) and act like I’m new. I went up to the new missionary's and asked them "where did you get your name tag engraved" some of them could tell I had mine on backwards, but I fooled most of them. I had some of the elders in my district ghost them as they walked away and some of them were legitly concerned and others thought I had just noticed and laughed at me. We thought it was SOOOO funny, goes to show what 8 weeks in the MTC will do to you! I just want to go to a movie!!! hahaha

Love to all,

-Elder Matthew D. Evans

No comments:

Post a Comment